Friday 4 March 2011

Lords and Ladies by Terry Pratchett

Ah, the witches. And the wizards. The librarian and elves. What's not to like about the magic of the Discworld?

I'm like a lot of others and really enjoy the Discworld novels when Granny Weatherwax and Nanny Ogg make an appearance. And I definitely have a very soft spot for the librarian.

But, as usual, it's impossible to summarise the plot so here's the blurb:

THE FARIES ARE BACK - BUT THIS TIME THEY DON'T JUST WANT YOUR TEETH...
Granny Weatherwax and her tiny coven are up against real elves.
It's Midsummer Night. No time for Dreaming...
With full supporting cast of dwarfs, wizards, trolls, Morris dancers and one orang-utan. And lots of hey-nonny-nonny and blood all over the place.

The only thing I don't like about my, paperback, Discworld books are the covers. I don't like that kind of art.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree about the covers. I like the new ones better (with the black cover), but, hey ho. Plus, just the backs seen as a row of books looks quite good, and people can detect you at once as a Pratchett fan ;-)

Sho said...

The funny thing is that although I'd definitely class myself as a Pratchett fan I really can't remember most of the plots.

Anonymous said...

The newer versions are all illustrated by someone new. I think the guy who did the older ones has died or retired.

I kinda miss them.

Sho said...

I'd prefer plain black like the recent hardbacks

Sho said...
This comment has been removed by the author.